Being the parent or guardian of a child with special needs comes with lots of challenges. The amount of information you need to help your child can be overwhelming. Just know that you’re not alone. Approximately 23% of children in the Framingham school district have special needs. The Framingham Special Education Parent Advisory Council, also known as the F-SEPAC, is here to help and support you.
Upcoming F-SEPAC event
Thursday May 22, 2014 7-9 PM
King Building 454 Water St., Desmarais Room, Framingham, MA 01701
Meet and Greet the New Director of Special Education, Laura Spear and learn about the district wide shift from the Co-Taught Inclusion Model to the Grade Level Inclusion Model&Elections for the New F-SEPAC OfficersLaura Spear will be presenting an overview of the district wide shift from the Co-Taught Inclusion Model to the Grade Level Inclusion Model. There will be a panel discussion afterwards with the new Assistant Director of Special Education, Ildefonso Arellano, and some team evaluation coordinators from various schools.We will be having elections to vote for new F-SEPAC Officers for the 2014-2015 school year. If you would like to nominate someone to be on the ballot for Co-Chair, Secretary or Treasurer please contact Marcy Rosch at email@example.com or 508-879-7404We hope you will join us!
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Annual Election of new board will be held at the meeting on May 22, 2014.
If you would like to run for office and help steer the course of F-SEPAC, then please contact Marcy Rosch, (past co-chair) to have your name put on the ballot. All board positions are available: 2 Co-chairs, 1 Treasurer and 2 Secretaries. Please submit your name and position you would like to run for to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address and phone number.
Co-chairs: Yael Steinsaltz and Susan Arndt
Treasurer: Luan Jasheri
Secretary: Maggie McClennan
membership – get support
General membership is open to any resident of Framingham or person affiliated with the Framingham Public Schools. All meetings are open to the general public. Become a member.
Voting membership is required in order to vote in annual officer elections and other business that comes before any F-SEPAC meeting. Voting membership shall be given to any general member who is either:
- A parent or guardian of a child with special needs residing in Framingham with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or a 504 Accommodation Plan.
- A student not less than fourteen (14) years of age who is on an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or a 504 Accommodation Plan from the Town of Framingham.
Together F-SEPAC members can…
- Learn and understand the school culture(s) in our district and discover how to get things done. We will seek information on policies, curricula, and laws that affect our children and share that info.
- Share accurate and timely information with members, parents, the school district, and the community at large.
- Work within the PAC, with PTOs, and the school district in a constructive manner, maintaining respect for democratic procedures and a tolerance for the diversity of opinions.
******Mailing Address******Our mailing address has changed